To get started with the Agendas API, you’ll need an Agendas account. If you don’t have one, you can register for Agendas.
NOTE We often refer to integrations developed with the Agendas API as apps.
The Developer Console
To make and edit integrations with the API, you’ll use the developer console. There are 3 ways to access it:
- The boring but easy way. Go directly to the developer console.
- The slightly secretive way. Go to Agenda’s settings, click on the Credits tab, then click each item once.
Once you’re done, go to the settings page and click on the General tab. You should notice a new switch reading Show developer console. Turn it on to enable the developer console.
A link to the developer console should appear in the sidebar below settings but above your agendas. Click on it to enter the developer console.
Creating your first app
Here’s how to create your first app:
- Head to the developer console and click the blue Get Started button
- Type in the name of your new app (don’t worry, you can change it later)
- Your new app will be created and a client ID generated. Once you’re redirected onto your new app’s settings, feel free to start coding away!
Learn how to authenticate with the Agendas API.